Thursday 16 May 2024

Revision tips from students

There's lot of information out there on the best ways to revise and to prepare for exams. But what techniques are actually proven? I asked students who received high grades in a recent mock  how they achieved them. Then I completely forgot to publish this. That was in 2018, about six years ago. Never mind!


"I'm not really sure. I just looked at the blog. I've got a good memory. I think it's because I dance"


"I just went through my blog, and then made notes from my notes, then just remembered the most important stuff for the exam"


"I looked at the blog, and then I made notes from the blog"


"I spent some time on the blog looking up topics. I'm quite good at using big words. When I'm writing I get really in to it"



So the conclusion seems to be pretty straightforward. Use the blog! And maybe take up dancing.

Of course, there are lots of ways to revise, but it's way more important to revise little and often. Ideally revision should be stress free and simple, if a little boring. If you have any great revision tips, please let me know. And if there's anything you would like to see on the blog (that's not already on it already), please give us a shout!